The Primary 4 English programme helps your child to master the grammatical and vocabulary skills. Your child learns to apply the skills to language tasks with precision. Your child also learns to be an expressive writer with a strong understanding of a logical storyline.
Our English tuition programmes for primary 4 students in Singapore seek to achieve the following learning outcomes :
Grammar and Vocabulary
- Pupils will learn the grammatical syllabus, grammatical rules and thematic vocabulary.
- Pupils will learn the rules of sentence synthesis.
- Pupils will learn to identify keywords and independently evaluate their answers.
Cloze and Comprehension
- Read and understand a passage.
- Learn to identify the keywords in the passage.
- Learn to identify the different types of comprehension questions.
- Learn the answering techniques for the different types of comprehension questions.
- Pupils will learn how to create a storyline with greater depth.
- Pupils will learn to identify story ideas in newspaper articles.
- Learn how to plan a story with a logical flow and sequencing.
- Pupils will learn to systematically describe and write each part of the story.
- Learn to use an increased range of vocabulary words to vividly write a story.
- Learn how to apply the writing skills in an exam.
$336 for 4 lessons*
*Excludes miscellaneous fees
January to November
2 hours for each lesson
10 – 12 lessons